I am a business owner and professional designer with a passion for community building. During my years wearing an ‘entrepreneur’s hat’ I’ve been growing a coworking business, consulting on product design and user experience, and volunteering for a non-profit aimed at digital professionals.
As a designer I have a track record of successes, with over fourteen years of experience with medium to large projects. I’ve worked in agency, corporate, government and educational settings. I believe that better results are obtained by early problem definition, clear and sustained communication and rapidly iterating through solutions by involving all stakeholders throughout.
• Designed User Interface systems for enterprise products with millions of users and hundreds of implementations.
• Developed design solutions for complex environments in education, healthcare and government.
• Demonstrated leadership in multiple areas, including creative direction, project management, and community management.
• Taught several design classes over the years, and continue to mentor and coach other industry professionals.
• Created and facilitated a series of over 70 workshops that continue to grow the professional community by advancing the knowledge and use of User-centred and UX design practices.