1405 St Paul St
Kelowna, BC V1Y 9N2
We are forming our next group of coLab community superstars for our ‘Animator: Entrepreneurial Residency’ program.
The Animating Team actively supports the Okanagan coLab by assisting with day-to-day management of the space, providing programmatic support, and identifying educational, inspirational and networking opportunities to share with the community. Our Animators make members and guests feel special, connected, and armed with the resources they need to operate in a focused, productive work environment.
Read about how we launched the program when our first participants hopped on board. Now you have the opportunity to become one too! https://buff.ly/2kZUkXP
We will be hosting an information session on Thursday 6th September, from 12-1pm at Okanagan coLab, #201 1405 St Paul Street. If you’re interested please attend and bring questions!
Read what our current Animators are saying about the program:
“After only one month of being on the program, I was already having meetings with real entrepreneurs and making real connections. I became friends with some of them and now we are creating businesses together. Shane’s willingness to help and connect was the reason I am now part of the entrepreneurship world in a more significant way”. – Agustin Cisneros Iniguez
“Joining the animator program gave me the opportunity to build strong and meaningful relationships with successful entrepreneurs. Also, it gave me the opportunity to work on many events in the community and as a result, I learned more about how collaborative spaces can create real change in the world.” – Sophie Sullivan
More information on the Community Animator Role:
A team of 5 individual Animators each commits 9 hours per week to support the coLab community. While on-shift, the #1 priority of an Animator is to provide a positive, welcoming, functional environment for our members and guests. That means helping the team to manage the physical space itself as well as finding ways to connect with members. We do this by working together symbiotically as a team: transparency, communication, taking full responsibility for ourselves, and building trust with one another are key elements we work on collaboratively as a group to make everything run smoothly.
What You Get!
For one completed four-month commitment as an Animator, you’ll receive:
- FREE coworking! An unlimited flex coworking membership (with access to our building 24/7) for six months, valued at $350/month (four months during the commitment, and two months immediately following);
- Preferred pricing on rentals! Access to Full-Time member pricing on all conference rooms and event spaces throughout the duration of the membership;
- Personalized introductions to entrepreneurial badasses! Curated, thoughtful introductions to the movers and shakers in the Kelowna entrepreneurial and startup community when requested;
- References from core team members to put on your resume going forward;
- Networking opportunities! Access to interest groups and networking opportunities within the coLab membership for finding careers and jobs that you’ll love.
- Personalized introductions to experienced mentors who know what’s what.
- AND MORE!
At least two Animators are on duty at any time between 8 am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
Animators share responsibilities and work as a supportive team to reach goals. Animators will not be required to work on weekends.
Minimum four-month time commitment
Two shifts per week that recur at the same time throughout the 4-month commitment
Shift times are 7:55 am – 12:35 pm and 12:25 pm – 5 pm Monday through Friday
You may work back-to-back shifts if you prefer to work one full day and the schedule allows for it
Mandatory monthly Animator Team meetings (last Tuesday of every month, 12 pm – 1 pm)
Shift swapping options are available in case of foreseen absences and/or emergencies/illness