201 St Paul St
Baltimore, MD 21202
A Capital Idea – Hear from Microsoft’s former CTO Strategist on His Recent Experience to Raise Capital from a Family Office
A Capital Idea – Raising Capital from a Family Office
- What is a Family Office? How do you find them?
- How to best approach them and research to do.
- How do you work with them?
- Differences and similarities to Angel investors (due diligence, term sheet…)
In this installment of the A Capital Idea series, we’ll examine the rise of the Family Office and how to work with them in raising capital and the long term relationship.
Entrepreneurs: You’ll learn why and when to approach this capital source and how do you then ensure success for your early investors?
Investors: You’ll learn what could possibly happen to your position as new capital comes in with new terms attached and what happens if the Family Office invests with Angels.
A Capital Idea is a series of interactive lunch-and-learn sessions for entrepreneurs and investors. Feel free to sign up for all of them or just one – each session is independent of the others, but they all build on each other.
- Practicing business and technology lawyer
- Former President of the Premier’s Technology Council of BC
- Experienced board member (current and past) of public and private company boards including QHR, Vecima and ProSmart
- Co-founder of a venture backed software company that raised over $30M
- Former CEO of a fintech company
- Hands-on work with many mergers and acquisitions, fund creation, venture capital financing in a range of industries
- An active investor
- Investor, founder and Board member of SiteDocs
- Owner and investor in a wide range of operating companies
- Partner in Anrias Capital Corp: investing and advising
- Former CTO Strategist for Microsoft
- President Valhalla Angels Kelowna
- Active Angel Investor
- 20+ year veteran in the enterprise B2B space
- Sitting on various startup advisory boards
- Volunteering in the Okanagan including Lake Country Arts Council